1

воскресенье, 23 декабря 2012 г.

Fitness Amateur Of The Week: Showroom Floored

Charlette wasn't planning to be a physique competitor. She wanted to change her body and just happened to meet a bodybuilder who wanted to train her. Now she competes like it's nothing!

Name: Charlette Brannon
E-Mail: charlette.brannon@gmail.com
BodySpace: supastar2353
Location: Sacramento, California
Age: 26  Height: 5'3"  Weight: 110 lbs
Years Competing: 1 1/2
Q
How did your fitness journey begin?
I've always been involved in sports and physical activities, but after having two children it was much harder to find time and energy. I did intense kickboxing videos in my living room with my kids when they were babies. I lost most of the pregnancy weight, but my body was different after the children. I held most of my weight in my mid-section.
Pre-pregnancy, I was 112-115 pounds and delivered both children at 163-165 pounds. I went back down to 120-125 pounds after having my children. I was 23-years-old, didn't feel comfortable in a bikini, and was always exhausted. I had to change.
I started working out at 24-Hour Fitness and heard a gentleman in the dry sauna talking to someone about personal training. It spiked my interest and I left with the thought. I kicked myself after for not approaching the man. A week later, I was at the gym with my younger sister and saw the man on the stair machine with a hooded sweatshirt and sweats. This was my opportunity. I approached the man, asked if he was a trainer, how much he charged, and what it entailed. He gave me his card and was shocked when I called the next day to begin.
Initially, I was only interested in toning my body to look and feel better. I started getting interested in competitions shortly after and competed four months later in an INBA show in the bikini division. I placed fourth and was completely intrigued. After building more muscle, I moved to women's figure where I currently just won first place women's novice figure at the INBA in August.
My show weight is 110 pounds and my body fat is between 12-16 percent. My off-season weight is 115, where I train heavier with weights and incorporate healthy fats and other nutrients into my meals. I love the challenge, hard work, and sweat that it takes to compete with myself mentally and physically. I live for the challenge.
What fitness regimen delivered the best results?
I believe it's important to stretch before every workout.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий